Photography, as you know, is part of artistic science, most people pick it up as a hobby and most people go into it full-time or part-time as a career. Either way, your camera lens is literally the eyeball of your camera, when most people talk digital camera they talk megapixels, ISO’s, image processing and the rest, yes I agree those are really cool high-tech stuffs too, however they do not matter much as your lens when it comes to quality shots.
If you are going to take a snapshot, it has to be one you can look at and be happy about what you have done and be proud enough to show it off to someone. I am not just talking about how wide or how much of zoom a lens has, but I am talking about other qualities of a good lens, qualities like the size of its aperture and glass.
The Best Canon Lens For Bird Photography
What you should consider before making a choice of a good LENS
The type of lens your camera features will determine the kind of pictures you are going to be taking, the quality of the lens of your camera will determine if you can take indoor, outdoor, landscape, daytime and nighttime snapshots. Let us say you have to get paid for every shot you take, I am sure you would not want to go presenting a photo of poor quality if you do you’ll get less pay and sometimes may not get paid at all.
Consider its focal length
A focal length with a higher number value means that the focus of the lens will be on a smaller aspect of the view in sight, and meaning a bigger zoom for your camera too. While a focal length with a lower number will take bigger views or wider shots, so it is important to pay attention to its number which is usually in mm.
How much are you willing to spend
Know what camera you would like to own, know its price find out if it fits into your budget then plan towards it. Getting true value for your money is much better than getting stuff you would regret and probably not use because you were trying to save a few bucks.
What type of photos are you going to be taking
What type of photography are you into? If you take close-up pictures of nature (flowers and insects etc.) or wide-range shots for landscape, once you decide on this then you will know what lens to go for taking note of its focal length. At the moment I am into bird photography so I needed all the zoom I can get, so I recently purchased a Tamron G2 Lens with 150 – 600 mm zoom.
Weight and size
If you are a professional that is particular about quality photography or if you are one who loves photography and is intrigued by true value then you probably must have heard about the canon brand, explicit quality, and durable totally worth the money spent on it. Therefore, below is a list of top 5-canon lens I rated and I am thinking it will be great for you to try out:
Best Canon Lens For Bird Photography Review
Super in image building and quality but not super in size, which means you do not have to worry or see it as extra luggage below are features I saw that made me decide that it be on this list
- This super telephoto lens features a maximum aperture of f5.6 and a focal length of 400mm
- In addition, a 35mm full frame that is designed with metal barrel and metal mount to give you the best of quality photo shots making it seem like your imaginations of a beautiful world was just displayed on a photo. With a telephoto lens, you can actually open up a completely new dimension of photography.
- It also features a filter size of 77mm, completely portable
- Designed with an inbuilt hood, and detachable tripod mount, the USM (ultrasonic motor) super telephoto lens promises you sharp and clear pictures.
|Easy to use or handle||‘IS’ image stabilization is absent, however, a monopod or sturdy tripod can resolve that|
|Portable||It also does not have a lens mount gasket|
|In addition, it is durable.||A minor pincushion distortion might be seen but not to worry as it is barely noticeable in your pictures.|
|Its blending saturation, contrast and color ability is excellent|
I will say your photographic skills get a boost with the EF canon lens, fit for wildlife photography, sporting activities, and every other activity that need a fast AF. In addition, you get to experience photography in a completely new dimension with the EF canon lens,
- It Features a 75-300mm auto zoom that allows for flawless shots.
- It also features a UV-filter and cleaning kit that aids maintenance and a 1-year warranty.
- It also features accessory kits with a whole lot of filters and macro lenses that enable you to make real scenes look magical and extraordinary
|It is easy to handle and should be great for beginners||It does not come with an image stabilizer, which means you might have to spend a few bucks on getting one|
|The EF canon lens is great and promises you durability|
|Captures quality and sharp images, fun and exposes you to learn in new ways|
3. Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Compact Macro AutoFocus Lens Kit, USA – Bundle with Pro Optic 52mm Filter Kit, Lens Cap Leash, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit
Another drop from the canon brand that makes you want to take your photo skills to another level, makes you want to let someone out there know that you have what it takes to be the best and stay at the best at what you do. The EF-S 60mm compact macro auto focus length I can say is like a partner that stays with you on the mission however it doesn’t just stay with you, it also lends a helping hand and makes your efforts yield better results for you.
- It features an E-52U lens cap and a pro optic 52m filter kit and professional lens cleaning kit that makes maintenance easy and boost durability,
- It uses a DC motor and not a USM as a drive for its autofocus. In addition, you get a 1- year warranty.
- It also features a long zoom range allowing for wider aspects of your view to be captured.
- Totally easy to use, and great for any bird photographer and looking forward to an interesting image capturing the experience.
|Durable||Slightly on the high side|
|Easy to use and maintain||Not too good image stability|
|Allows for clear and sharp pictures|
Now, this is one lens I love and think you should have a look at; once I looked at the lens I knew it was worth having. A new design from the canon brand, promises quality at its maximum perfect satisfaction and lots more.
It features an explicit zoom ratio of 8.3x giving you the perfect and clear shots of close-ups and landscapes with just a single lens.
It also features an advanced optical design that provides virtual and excellent image quality.
If you need to have a close, and a maximum magnification of 0.31x that allows you show off minute details, in addition to a portable design and superb image quality, the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM promise to be the right choice for you.
The Image stabilizer is effective at 4* shake correction making the capture of sharp pictures easy and possible.
|Lightweight making it easy and portable to be carried around.||Slightly expensive but worth your money|
|Superb image quality|
|You get to capture large scenes without having to change lenses.|
Finally on this list is the EF-M 11-22mm, now you may not have seen anything like this yet, a 2016 model, perfect choice for professionals looking for a lens to fit into their game and of true value, not just big names and fallacies. You might just get all your needs and qualifications of a good lens met.
- It has a focal length that goes from 11-22m and a filter size of 55mm making it portable and high-tech for quality image production.
- Compatible with your EOS digital camera
- Has an inbuilt image stabilization feature that allows for sharp and clear pictures
- Designed with an inbuilt STM, the EF-M provides you with smooth, quiet and continuous autofocus when shooting a video.
- It gets better with its 2 aspheric lens elements and 1 UD lens element that helps to see to it that you get an excellent photo quality from the deliver superb image quality from the center to the periphery.
|Superb quality||Slightly expensive but worth the money spent on it|
|Image stabilization to capture sharp images|
If you are a professional reading this right now, then you know how important lenses are to your camera, however for those considering photography for the first time, you may not understand that the perfect lens means virtually everything when taking the perfect shot. Do not get me wrong, the body of a camera is also important and other parts too but if your camera lens does not allow you a clear shot, then it is really no use. Remember that the pictures you take depend on your skills and your camera so get the best.
Some of our sources:
Did you like “What Is The Best Canon Lens For Bird Photography?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on Facebook and Tweet it.